Thursday, July 17, 2008

Learning new things

I don't know why, but recently I have had many new interests arise. I bought an old canner at a yard sale this winter and when the summer came I canned my first veggies. Now it seems I can't get enough of it. I have 4 full shelves of canned goods in my garage and all I can think of it what more I can do.
Another hobby that sparked my interest was soap making. I just did my first batch yesterday after months of collecting my ingredients. It was exciting to finally carry out my interest. There are other things as well that I just all of the sudden took up such as organic gardening and nutrition.
I wonder if it comes with age or if I'm finally finding my niche- or maybe both? I enjoy finding a topic, doing the research and then carrying out the procedure. Who knows what could come of it. For now it just means a stocked pantry and clean, healthy bodies for myself & family.

No comments: